CISSP stands for Certified Information Systems Security Professional. It is considered as a quality standard in the arena of information security. The Cyber certification gets offered by (ISC)2. It is an international non-profit organization having more than two hundred thousand certified members. The certification got introduced in the year 1994 and is most demanded security certification in the present time. The test is available in eight languages at eight hundred eighty-two locations in one hundred fourteen countries. The certification fulfils ISO/IEC Standard 17024.
It is time that you accelerate your cybersecurity career with this powerful and prestigious CISSP certification. To earn the CISSP would prove that you have what it takes to effectively design, implement and even manage a best-in-class cybersecurity program. once you have attained a CISSP, you would validate your expertise and turn out to be an (ISC)² member, revealing a broad array of exclusive resources, educational tools, and even that of peer-to-peer networking opportunities.It is time that you prove your skills, enhance your career, and attain the support of a community of cybersecurity leaders to support you across your career.
What is the cost of CISSP Exam?
Registration CISSP cost is somewhere between $549-$599 for the exam. Now you have to get an endorsement from an active credential holder of (ISC)² who can attest for you. Here are few sure shot CISSP practice questions.
What are the CISSP Requirements?
You have to fulfill all the requirements to get a CISSP certification. And these you have to renewal after the time of three years.
CISSP Experience requirements:
Candidates must have a minimum of five years of direct full-time security professional work experience in minimum two or more of the ten domains of the (ISC)² CISSP CBK, or they should have four years of direct full-time security professional work experience in two or more of the ten domains of this CISSP CBK with a four-year college degree or even a credential from the (ISC)2-approved list. Similarly remember that in case you do not possess the experience you can turn out to be an Associate of (ISC)² by successfully passing this CISSP exam. You would have six years to earn your experience to turn out to be a CISSP.
Keep in mind that only a one-year experience exemption is decided for education. Then again, there would be a one-year waiver of the professional experience requirement for having an additional credential on the (ISC)2 approved list. Similarly, the valid experience encompasses information systems security-related work performed as an auditor, practitioner, consultant, investigator or even instructor, that demand Information Security knowledge and engages the direct application of that knowledge. The five years of experience should be the equivalent of actual full-time Information Security work (not simply Information Security responsibilities for a five-year period); this requirement is increasing, however, and may have been accumulated over a much longer period of time.
Ten domains of CISSP CBK
CISSP is forked into 10 areas or domains, called collectively as the ‘Common Body of Knowledge CBK’. Such domains are:
- Telecommunications and Network Security
- Access Control
- Information Security Governance and Risk Management
- Software Development Security
- Security Architecture and Design
- Security Operations
- Physical (Environmental) Security
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning
- Legal, Regulations, Investigations and Compliance
CISSP Professional Experience Necessities
CISSP professional experience encompasses but not restricted to:
- Work demanding special education or intellectual attainment, generally including a liberal education or that of college degree.
- Work demanding habitual memory of a body of knowledge shared with others doing same work.
- Management of projects andother employees.
- Supervision of work of others while working with a least of supervision of one’s self.
- Work demanding the exercise of judgment, management decision-making, and even discretion.
- Work demanding the exercise of ethical judgment (as opposed to that of ethical behaviour).
- Creative writing and also oral communication.
- Teaching, training, instructingand the mentoring of others.
- Research and development.
- The particulars and selection of controls and mechanisms (identification and authentication technology) (does not encompass the mere operation of such controls).
- Applicable job title examples are Director, Supervisor, CISO, Manager, Analyst, Cyber Architect, Cryptographer, Information Assurance Engineer, Professor, Instructor, Lecturer, Investigator, Computer Scientist, Lead, Program Manager, etc.
What are the approved Credentials for Experience Waiver?
There are many and a few are like:
- CCNP Security (Cisco Certified Network Professional Security)
- CERT Certified Computer Security Incident Handler (CSIH)
- CCSP (Cisco Certified Security Professional)
- Certified Business Continuity Planner
- Certified Computer Crime Prosecutor
- Certified Computer Crime Investigator (Advanced) (CCCI)
- Certified Computer Examiner (CCE)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified Forensic Computer Examiner (CFCE)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Wireless Security Professional (CWSP)
- Certified Protection Professional (CPP)
- CIW Web Security Associate
What would be the salary after CISSP?
As per a study, CISSP certified professionals do earn twenty five percent more salary than that of the non-certified counterparts. It is amidst the list of top highest paying jobs. You can expect a handsome jump in your salary and it would blow your mind for sure. The point is the salary of a CISSP security professional is a lot higher as compared to the others who have not done this certification. However, you have to keep in mind that the pay scale could vary from region to region and nation to nation’s one thing is for sure you would find a massive jump in your salary and it would be convincing for sure.
Remember once you have attained your CISSP certification you are going to be the member of the elite network of information security professionals and you even relish exclusive benefits as an (ISC)² member, encompassing valuable resources like access to leading industry conference registrations worldwide, subscription to—InfoSecurity Professional that is (ISC)2’s members-only digital magazine, access to information security webinars, access to a Career Centre along with current job listings, peer networking and idea exchange, and so on.
So, since you have a detailed knowledge about CISSP, make sure you enroll yourself in a training program and start your prep today!