CCNA 200-301 Certification Description
CCNA certification stands for CISCO CERTIFIED NETWORK ASSOCIATE. It is an information technology from CISCO system. Course duration of CCNA is 1.5 years. CCNA course details provides that the course certifies your skills in network fundamentals, IP connectivity, security fundamentals, IP service. This course perfect for those are interested in networking field as it clearly explains the basic concept of networking. The exam consists 120 questions. If you clear the exam, you can become CCNA certified.
Choose Your Preferred Learning Mode
Looking for a customized training?
Exam information and format
CCNA exam tests your knowledge and skills connected to:
- Network fundamentals
- Network access
- IP property
- IP services
- Security fundamentals
Automation and programmability
CCNA 200-301 Exam FORMAT
|Exam Name||200-301 CCNA|
|Exam Cost||USD 300|
|Exam Format||Multiple Choice|
|Total Questions||120 Questions|
|Passing Score||849 out of 1000|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours (120 Minutes)|
|Languages||English and Japanese|
|Testing Center||Pearson Vue|
CCNA 200-301 Course module and objectives
Module 1 – Network fundamentals
- Explain the role and performance of network parts
- Describe characteristics of configuration architectures
- Compare physical interface and cabling varieties
- Identify interface and cable issue (collisions, errors, mismatch duplex, speed)
- Compare TCP to UDP
- Configure and verify IPv4 addressing and Subnetting
- Describe the necessity for personal IPv4 addressing
- Configure and verify IPv6 addressing and prefix
- Compare IPv6 address varieties
- Verify IP parameters for consumer OS (Windows, Mac OS, Linux)
- Describe wireless principles
- Explain virtualization fundamentals (virtual machines)
- Explain switching ideas
Module 2 – Network Access
- Configure and verify inters witch property
- Configure and verify Layer a pair of discovery protocols (Cisco Discovery Protocol and LLDP)
- Describe the requirement for and basic operations of speedy PVST+ Spanning Tree Protocol and establish basic operations
- Compare Cisco Wireless Architectures and AP modes
- Explain physical infrastructure connections of LAN segment (AP, WLC, access/trunk ports, and LAG)
- Explain AP and WLC management access tie-in (Telnet, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS, console, and TACACS+/RADIUS)
- Configure the elements of a wireless computer network access for shopper property victimization GUI solely like LAN creation, security settings, QoS profiles, and advanced LAN settings
Module 3 – IP Connectivity
- Interpret the element of routing table.
- Modify how a router makes a forwarding call by default.
- Compose and verify single area OSPFv2.
- Explain the aim of initial hop redundancy protocol.
Module 4 IP Connectivity
- Configure and verify within supply NAT victimization static and pools.
- Configure and verify NTP operating during a client and server mode.
- Explain the role of DHCP and DNS at intervals the network.
- Describe the operate of SNMP in network operation.
- Describe the employment of syslog operation together with facilities and levels
- Configure and verify DHCP client and relay.
- Explain the forwarding per-hop behavior (PHB) for QoS like classification, marking, queuing, congestion, policing, shaping.
- Configure network devices for remote access victimization SSH.
- Describe the capabilities and performance of TFTP/FTP within the network.
Module 5 – Security Fundamentals
- Define key security ideas (threats, vulnerabilities, exploits, and mitigation techniques)
- Describe security program components (user awareness, training, and physical access control)
- Configure device access management victimization native passwords.
- Describe security countersign policies components, like management, complexity, and countersign alternatives (multifactor authentication, certificates, and biometrics)
- Describe remote access and site-to-site VPNs
- Configure and verify access management lists
- Configure Layer two security measures (DHCP snooping, dynamic Hans Arp review, and port security)
- Differentiate authentication, authorization, and accounting ideas
- Describe wireless security protocols (WPA, WPA2, and WPA3)
- Configure local area network victimization WPA2 PSK victimization the GUI
Module 6 – Automation and Programmability
- Explain how mechanization impacts network management.
- Compare regular networks with controller-based networking
- Describe controller-based and software package outlined architectures (overlay, underlay, and fabric)
- Compare regular field device control with Cisco DNA Center enabled device management
- Describe characteristics of REST-based arthropod genus (CRUD, HTTP verbs, and knowledge encoding)
- Acknowledge the capabilities of configuration management mechanisms Puppet, Chef, and Ansible Interpret JSON encoded data.
Participants who participate within the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) coaching can learn:
- Network fundamentals within the sort of network parts, topology, virtualization, change ideas, and more
- Install, operate configure IPV4 to IPV6 networks
- Installing switches to perform the initial configuration
- Understanding routing and implementation of a Cisco router
- Host-to-host communication through routers and switches
- Resolve network problems and customary issues with IPv4 addressing
- VLANs, trunks, and inter-VLAN Routing
- Tree Protocol (STP) and fast Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP)
- WAN and VPN ideas
- How to introduce virtualization through network and device architectures, and more
What will you accomplish after completion of the courses?
Position and job role of a CCNA certified candidate varies in line with his track and knowledge of a candidate. Let’s discuss some job roles that you can get once CCNA certification.
- System Engineers (Computer Networking / IT)
- Technical Support Engineer
- Desktop/ Network Support Engineer
- Network Administrator
- Network Engineers
- Network Security Associate
- Other Job Roles
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- During the exam, you will not access the subsequent form of personal items: mobile phones, headphones or headsets (wired or Bluetooth), hand-held computers or other electronic devices, pagers, watches, wallets, purses, hats (or other head coverings), bags, coats, books, notes, or any other materials not specifically approved.
- During the exam session, you’re not allowed to use exam-specific materials or scribbling block, effaceable whiteboards, or any other physical writing object, like a pen, marker, or pencil.
- Watches must be removed and placed out of sight/reach throughout the exam.
- You could have the option to use the whiteboard feature in the OnVUE software whereas taking the exam online.
- For those that would like to use for multi-domain jobs, i.e. those that need to process a technical network while not having to set up advance architectures. The CCNA Certification permits pre-sales, a salesman to prove his technical level in front of his customer.
- For those that later want to be a Manager: the latter doesn’t ought to be CCIE (Cisco expert) to be a good technical manager. But the fact of instructive in CCNA test gives him quality with those who have the CCIE.
For those who apply to be a technical manager and who are concerned in a little bit of everything in IT: network, telephony, server, workstation… it is vital for them to gasp switching, routing, filtering… to higher integrate it into the company’s system.
No, certifications are usually technical recognitions in terribly specific fields. They are skilled recognitions. At university you’ve got academic degrees based on fundamental concepts. Certifications are based on IT construct that permits you to acknowledge your skilled mastery and to be directly operational in the field.
Here are a number of method that we tend to suggest to people who aim further: For people who want to pursue a career in IT and Cisco network expertise
For people who wish to own varied skills and pursue a career as a computer systems and network professional
For people who wish to create a career as a project manager within the field of systems and networks
If you already got Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) certification and would love to learn CCNA, you’ve got until February 23 to finish your CCNA certification within the current program. As of February 24, you may ought to take the new exam to finish CCNA certification.