CompTIA CySA+ (Plus) Certification Description
CompTIA CySA+ Certification online training from Certification Forest is a cybersecurity analyst certification that teaches you how to utilize analytics in the network to monitor cybersecurity risks in the atmosphere. CompTIA CySA+ uses network activity analytics to improve security by identifying and fighting malware and advanced persistent threats (APTs), resulting in better threat visibility over a large attack surface. CompTIA’s Cybersecurity Analyst certification is now on its second version of the certification examination (CS0-002). This certification validates the certification holder’s ability with the following:
- Performing knowledge analysis with the power to spot vulnerabilities, risks and threats
- Configuring, managing and exploitation threat-detection tools
- Securing and protective organization systems and applications
- Up-to-date security analyst skills together with future cybersecurity analyst and connected roles’ job skills
Choose Your Preferred Learning Mode
Looking for a customized training?
COMPTIA CYSA+ ONLINE TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION
CYSA+ CERTIFICATIONS RENEWAL
You can keep your certification up to date with CompTIA’s continued Education (CE) program. It’s designed to be an unbroken validation of your expertise and a tool to expand your skillset. It’s additionally the ace up your sleeve once you’re able to take successive step in your career.
GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR CYSA+ CERTIFICATIONS
Information technology is an implausibly dynamic field, making new opportunities and challenges on a daily basis. Collaborating in our continuing Education program can enable you to stay current with new and evolving technologies and remain a sought-after IT and security knowledgeable.
IT’S EASY TO RENEW
You may renew your CompTIA CySA+ certification by participating in a range of events and coaching programmes, as well as earning higher certifications. If you earn at least sixty continuing education units (CEUs) over the course of three years and deposit them to your certification account, your CompTIA CySA+ certification will automatically renew.
CYSA+ CERTIFICATIONS OBJECTIVES
The CompTIA CYSA+ certification focuses on incident detection and cyber security protection at intermediate levels. In an organization, firewalls and an analytics-based strategy should be used.
To detect threats, hazards, security alerts, and vulnerabilities in an organization, do data analysis and explain the results.
- Threat-detection tools: configuring, deploying, and using
- Validation of security skills and knowledge at the intermediate level.
- Threat and Vulnerability Management Expertise
- Information on Cyber Incident Response AND Security Architect.
- Understanding the controls and processes, as well as the relationships between various frameworks and policies.
Knowledge of networks and security
3–4 years of experience in the field of information security or a similar subject is required.
AFTER COMPLETION OF COMPTIA CYSA+ YOU WILL ACCOMPLISH FOLLOWING
Use suitable instruments and methods to conduct environmental reconnaissance.
Investigate the findings of a network reconnaissance.
Implement or propose the necessary reaction and countermeasure in the event of a network-based threat.
- Explain why techniques used to safeguard a business environment are employed.
- Implement a vulnerability management methodology for information security.
- Investigate the outcome of a vulnerability scan.
- Compare and contrast the numerous targets within an organization's common weaknesses.
- Determine the effect of an occurrence by distinguishing threat data or behavior.
- During an investigation, prepare a toolbox and utilize suitable forensics tools.
- Explain why communication is so important during the incident response process.
- Examine typical symptoms to choose the best cyber security strategy for incident response.
- Summarize the process of incident recovery and post-event reaction.
- Explain how frameworks, common policies, controls, and processes are related.
- Use data to provide recommendations for resolving identity and access management security concerns.
- Review the security architecture and offer suggestions for compensating controls to be implemented.
- While engaging in the Software Development Life Cycle, use application security best practices (SDLC).
- Compare and contrast the overall goal and motivation for utilizing
COMPTIA CYSA+ EXAM DETAILS
|Number of Questions||Max. 85 questions|
|Question Types||Multiple Choice and Performance-based|
|Length of Exam||165 Minutes|
|Passing Marks||750 (on a scale of 100-900)|
|Language||English, Japanese, TBD – others|
|Testing Provider||Pearson VUE|
CYSA+ CERTIFICATIONS COURSE MODULES
MODULE 1: THREAT MANAGEMENT 1
- Analysts in the field of cybersecurity
- Frameworks and Security Controls for Cybersecurity Roles and Responsibilities
- Risk Assessment
- Techniques of Reconnaissance
- The Killing Sequence
- Discovery of topologies
- Discovering Services
- Fingerprinting of Operating Systems
MODULE 2: THREAT MANAGEMENT 2
- Threats from Malware
- Anti-virus Software Configuration
- Observation and Analysis
- Capture of packets
- Tools for capturing packets
- Monitoring Instruments
- SIEM and log review
- Data Analysis via SIEM
MODULE 3: VULNERABILITY MANGAMENT
- Vulnerabilities Management
- Classification of Information
- Processes for Vulnerability Management
- Scanners for Vulnerabilities
- Vulnerability Scans Configuration
- Criteria for Vulnerability Scanning
- Use frameworks to your advantage
- Vulnerabilities Remediation
- Development of Secure Software
- Vulnerabilities in Software
- Testing for Software Security
- Proxies for Interception
- Authenticity of Source
MODULE 4: CYBER INCIDNET RESPONSE
- Response to an Incident
- Processes for Responding to Incidents
- Prioritization and severity of incidents
- Types of Information
- Forms and documentation
- Analytical Tools
- Analysis and Recoveries from Incidents
- Frameworks for Analysis and Recovery
- Exfiltration of Data Analysis
- Examining Symptoms of Application
- Using Sysinternals (Sysinternals)
- Techniques of Containment
MODULE 5: SECURITY ARCHITECHTURE
- Network Segmentation Black holes, Sinkholes, and Honeypots Secure Network Design
- Hardening of the system
- MAC and Group Policies
- Endpoint Protection
- Managing Access and Identities
- Identity Theft Concerns
- Repositories of Personal Information
- Authentication based on context
- Federations and Single Sign-On
- Taking Advantage of People's Personalities
- Taking Advantage of Web Browsers and Applications
- Security Policies and Frameworks
- Compensating Controls and Procedures
- Quality Control and Verifications
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The CySA+ certification is valid for three years and must be renewed after that time.
A Cyber Security Analyst (Cyber Security Analyst):
• Assesses new cyber security threats.
• Investigates possible countermeasures to dangers.
• Preparedness plans for disasters
• Performs security product evaluations
• Stakeholders are spoken with and solutions are provided.
• Team members are counselled and trained.
Yes, Because CySA+ and CASP are higher-level certificates, they both renew Security+.
Analyst for the security operations center (SOC).
• Vulnerability researcher
• Specialist in cyber-security.
• Analyst for threat intelligence.
• Engineer in charge of security.
• cyber-security Analyst
The CySA+ Exam Isn’t Expensive at All
In reality, considering the benefits that the certification may bring to your career, the expense of the exam will be more than worth it if you decide to pursue a position in the Cybersecurity career.